Ev’Yan Whitney is a writer who openly chronicles her journey of erotic awakening and exploration on her blog. In addition to writing about her sex life, she’s also a sexuality doula—a woman who helps facilitate, educate, and hold space for other women who want to step out of sexual shame and into their erotic power.
Jonathan Mead is an irreverent pioneer, champion for human wildness and professional instigator. He quit his job at age 23 after moonlighting on his own terms. Now in his early 30’s and a full-time renegade, he’s passionate about helping men reawaken the giants sleeping within them. He’s found that by helping men reconnect with nature, they discover their own true nature and wild masculine strength. His deepest mission is to instigate a worldwide movement of wild brotherhood, focusing on helping men uncage, one at a time.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- How Jonathan and Ev’Yan’s sex life went from a gut wrenching, horrible zero to an 11 out of 10.
- How taking sex off of the table wasn’t about giving up – it was one of the better decisions they made in their relationship.
- Sexual sovereignty – before you can be sexual with anyone else you need to have an intimate sexual relationship with yourself first.
- Owning erotic/sexual identities within the relationship.
- If something is going on in a relationship that is not working, it’s so easy to take it personally and think it’s about you, when really it is so much more complex than that.
- I had thought I was just broken … I was one of those broken, frigid women who would never be able to experience sex and a sex life that she was joyful about. Up until that point, sex had very much felt like a chore, like something that I had to do in order to keep my man.
- We have incredible amazing, earth shattering, cosmically orgasmic sex. It’s not every time, but it’s damn near close.
- Being open and willing to explore and try new things has been what has allowed us to continue to have better and better sex.