Dr. Shannon Chavez is a nationally recognized expert, therapist, and educator specializing in “all things sexuality” including help for men, women, and couples; the treatment of sexual disorders; sex education for conservative religious and cultural groups; sexual trauma and abuse; and compulsive behaviors surrounding love, romance, and sex.
She is a licensed clinical psychologist in California and Arizona and has a private practice in Los Angeles, California where she works with individuals and couples (both heterosexual and same-sex) to address sexual concerns and build sexual awareness through therapy, coaching, and education.
In This Conversation We Discuss:
- New sex trends around gender and sexual identities.
- How life post-menopause can be a woman’s golden sexual era.
- Outercourse and how the ENTIRE body is an erogenous zone.
Quotes From This Episode:
- “Sex isn’t just something you do, a behavior, an activity, it really is who we are.”
- “100% of people will have sexual concerns. All of us, me, you, everyone, will have a sexual concern at some point in their life.”
- “[Menopause] is not a time of endings, it’s a time of new beginnings. This is your Golden Era of sex. This is where you can have sex for pleasure, for play, joy. You can really focus on you.”
- “You can penetrate an armpit if you are curious enough.”
- Dr. Shannon Chavez’s Website: www.drshannonchavez.com
- The Beauty of the Feminine and Masculine Power by Mukee Okan
- Sex Outside of the Lines by Chris Donahue
- A New View of a Woman’s Body by The Federation of Feminist Women’s Health Centers
- Sex and the Soul by Donna Freitas
- Women Who Love Sex and Return of Desire by Gina Ogden
- Sex for One by Betty Dodson
- Zentai and Zentai Dating